Forklift Train the Trainer
Our three-day Train the Trainer course will provide your trainers with the knowledge, skills and tools to effectively train operators and evaluate their competence. The course will provide the trainer with information to train the material to exceed all applicable industry standards and government legislation.
The trainers will learn the instructional techniques involved to best communicate these concepts in a classroom and/or field environment.
- Applicants must have completed the Forklift operators Safety Course within six months prior to the start of the Train the Trainer course.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 300 hours experience on a forklift prior to the start of the course (verified through letter from company).
- Applicants are required to bring safety footwear and reflective vest to the course.
Participants will receive the training in the following elements:
- Forklift material and understanding
- CSA and ANSI standards for lift trucks
- Alberta OH&S Legislation (including review of hazard assessment for forklift operation)
- Forklift Components
- Specific Forklift Components
- Stability and Physics of Forklifts
- Load Handling
- Operating Procedures
- Other considerations
Principles of Adult Education
- Select and use appropriate instructional methods
- Develop relevant demonstrations and activities
- Establish communication skills, ability to effectively train and evaluate trainees
- Manage nervousness and anxiety
- Use effective speaking and presentation techniques
- Practice, develop and demonstrate techniques and concepts learned in the classroom
Upon completion of this course the trainer will be able to effectively train Forklift Operators in the safest and most efficient methods of safe forklift operation.
Trainers will receive training binder which includes all necessary training material including PowerPoint presentation.
The course will include a final confirmation consisting of a five (5) minute presentation of forklift material.
Students must have a reasonable command of written and spoken English to be able to complete this training.
CRSP CreditsThis course will give you 1.5 credits towards the Canadian Registered Safety Professional(CRSP) designation. To see all the list of all courses offering credits towards the CRSP designation, Click here
Cost for this course is $750.00 + $37.50 = $787.50