Duration: 1 day
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Prerequisites: 30 supervised hours driving a forklift
PPE Required: Steel toed boots, safety vest
This 1-day certification course is designed to provide participants with classroom training along with a practical confirmation for Forklift Operators with limited or more extensive experience in handling forklift trucks. This course teaches forklift operators to operate in a safe and efficient manner which includes a written theory/practical exam.
- Case Studies
- Legislative requirements
- Site inspections and hazards
- Basic operation techniques
- Forklift and operator safety requirements
- Hazards associated with operating forklifts
- Load Handling techniques
- Covers Classes 1-5 and 7 vertical mast forklifts.
Upon successful completion of the course:
- Perform proper handling techniques of a forklift
- Be knowledgeable of pertinent legislation
- Strong Understanding of Forklift Stability
- Knowledgeable in operator responsibilities.
Note: Upon successful completion of examination a certification, valid for 3 years, will be issued.
CRSP Points: BCRSP has previously awarded CM points for this event. The current contains 8 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See BCRSP web site at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
- Members: $165.00
- Assoc. Members: $170.00
- Non Members: $185.00
*Prices do not include GST