Duration: 2 days
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
PPE Required: N/A
Supervisors and managers have a key role in creating a positive safety culture and responsibility for the safety of their employees. However, not all supervisors nor managers have been trained on basic safety elements which make up an effective health and safety program or their legislated duties and obligations.
This 2-day course provides supervisors and managers with the knowledge of how to incorporate safety into their everyday production planning, thus creating an environment where people can work safely and efficiently.
- Supervisor’s role in a health and safety program
- Elements of a successful health and safety program
- Conducting workplace safety inspections
- Performing incident investigations
- Effective workers health & safety training programs
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the key elements of an effective health and safety program
- Be confident in the role that you have in protecting your employees
- Be able to incorporate safety in everyday planning
- Perform inspections, interpret findings and develop appropriate recommendations for correcting hazardous conditions
- Perform investigations, analyze facts and implement corrective actions for incident causes
- Implement effective employee safety training programs
Note: Attendees are required to successfully complete a written exam and with an 80% pass mark
CRSP Points: BCRSP has previously awarded CM points for this event. The current contains 16 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See BCRSP web site at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
- Members: $165.00
- Assoc. Members: $185.00
- Non Members: $310.00
*Prices do not include GST